This sacrament is reserved for Catholics who are ill and in danger of dying. The priest will anoint the sick in order to:
- Unite the sick person to the passion of Christ, for his own good and that of the whole Church;
- Give the sick person strength, peace, and courage to endure in a Christian manner the sufferings of illness or old age;
- Give forgiveness of sins, if the sick person was not able to obtain it through the sacrament of penance;
- Pray for the restoration of health, if it is conducive to the salvation of his soul;
- Prepare the person for passing over to eternal life
Please contact your parish priest at 651-437-7498 if you or a loved one is in need of this sacrament.